I keep trying to catch up on the billion and three ARCs I’ve got piled up, and I stumbled across a mention of ARC August on Twitter.
The rules for the readathon are quite simple.
1. Read as many books as you can in the 48 hours, without sacrificing your personal well being.
2. There’s no restriction on time zone so feel free to stick to whatever time zone you live in.
3. Track your progress using the #ARCAugust hashtag (on any social media platform)!
I’m going to try to talk my good buddy Peekaboo into doing this readathon with me. Read.Sleep.Repeat. will also be hosting another readathon at the end of August to keep people participating in the month long reading challenge motivated.
Here’s my TBR for the month, with the books I intend to focus on during the first readathon in bold. I dunno, do y’all think I can read 31 books in 31 days? LOL
- Over Raging Tides by Jennifer Ellision – 3/20 – NetGalley
- Torn by Rowenna Miller – 3/20 – NetGalley
- Siren’s Lure by Frost Kay – 3/27 – NetGalley
- Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian – 4/24 – NetGalley
- Onyx & Ivory by Mindee Arnett – 5/15 – Edelweiss
- The Oddling Prince by Nancy Springer – 5/15 – Edelweiss
- All the Ever Afters by Danielle Teller – 5/22 – Edelweiss
- Blind the Eyes by K.A. Wiggins – 6/1 – NetGalley
- Head Over Heels by Serena Bell – 6/5 – NetGalley
- The Bird and the Blade by Megan Bannen – 6/5 – Edelweiss
- Counterfeit Boyfriend by Cindi Madsen – 6/25 – NetGalley
- One For the Rogue by Manda Collins – 6/26 – NetGalley
- What Kitty Did Next by Carrie Kablean – 6/28 – NetGalley
- The Real Deal by Lauren Blakely – 7/10 – NetGalley
- Sea Witch by Sarah Henning – 7/31 – Edelweiss
- The Future is Blue by Catherynne M. Valente – 7/31 – NetGalley
- Bad Reputation by Stefanie London – 8/4 – NetGalley
- Dance of Thieves by Mary E. Pearson – 8/7 – NetGalley
- DC Super Hero Girls: Out of the Bottle – 8/7 – Edelweiss
- Good Luck With That by Kristan Higgins – 8/7 – Edelweiss
- The Have and to Harley by Regina Cole – 8/7 – NetGalley
- These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch – 8/7 – Edelweiss
- A Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan – 8/14 – Edelweiss
- Phoenix Unbound by Naomi Howarth – 8/17 – NetGalley
- An Earl Like You by Caroline Linden – 8/28 – Edelweiss
- The Duke With the Dragon Tattoo by Kerrigan Byrne – 8/28 – NetGalley
- The Governess Game by Tessa Dare – 8/28 – Edelweiss
- Under Control by Shannon Stacey – 8/28 – NetGalley
- Undue Influence by Jenny Holiday – 9/1 – Independent
- Harley & Ivy Meet Betty & Veronica – 9/4 – Edelweiss
- Undercover Princess by Connie Glynn – 9/4 – Edelweiss
11 thoughts on “#ARCAugust Reading Challenge & Readathon”
Good luck with ARC August. You have some really fun romances on that list, which I would love to read too. Hope they are all winners.
Thanks! 🙂 I do a lot better keeping up with my romance ARCs/egalleys than I do keeping up with the sci-fi/fantasy ones, haha. I'm in the middle of reading Under Control as well as Born to be Wilde and Duke by Default right now – yes, three books at once, I'm nuts! Be sure to check back for reviews on these romances throughout August (and into September). 😉
My body is ready!!
I did this one year, but thankfully, I don't have TOO many ARCs to read/review though I am going to try and get a bit more ahead in August if I can. I might have to do that read-a-thon though, because I keep missing all the other ones and I think they are fun! Good luck with all of your books!! -Laurenwww.shootingstarsmag.net
My ARC list is over 60 books at this point, and it's just nuts. I'm going to try HARD in August to get caught up on some of the behind ones and stay on top of the August releases… I love readathons! I'm trying to figure out if my husband is going to be camping that weekend or not, and I'm hoping he's not so he can watch the kids while I run off to read in seclusion… haha
Mine too! Did you know there's also a Dewey's reverse readathon this Friday night at 8?
Your TBR is awesome!! I don't know if 31 books in 31 days is possible but… my goal is similar 🙈 i'm hoping to get a lot of reading done too! Thanks for signing up and good luck!! 😀
Holy shit, there are so many books! I'm curious to see how many you'll manage to read. 😀 My copy of Sea Witch arrived yesterday so hopefully I'm reading that too this month. Good luck, Elley!
WELL, according to a certain fairy godmother I know, \”Impossible things are happening every day!\” ❤
I have mighty plans to sequester myself with the lovely Ariel aka Peekaboo aka booksandsass this weekend for the #ARCAugust Readathon and I'm going to do my DARNEDEST to smash out at least 2 books in that 2 days – MAYBE MORE! We'll see, haha. I need to finish the ARC I'm in the middle of TONIGHT so I can start super fresh for August!
Hope you're getting lots of books read it August!!Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction