2018 Reading Challenge
Books read in July: 12
Books read in 2018: 109/150
I had been tracking the children’s books ARCs I’d been reading all year, and decided I didn’t like counting children’s books in my number of books read. SO! Edited my dates read in Goodreads to get an accurate snapshot of how many middle-grade and above books I’ve read this year. 😉
The Ripped Bodice’s 2nd Annual Summer Romance Bingo runs from June 1 to August 31
Each square represents a book you’ve read this summer, and you fill in the square with the title & author once you’ve met the criteria. To get a bingo you need to get 5 in a row (vertical or horizontal) and for each row you complete you can enter to win prizes at https://www.therippedbodicela.com/bingo
- Damsel in Distress: Ten Things I Love About You by Julia Quinn (read 7.1)
- Fairy Tale Retelling: Beast by Lisa Jensen (read 7.13)
- Queer Historical: A Gentleman Neve
r Keeps Score (read 7.14)
- Tech in the Big City: Status Update by Annabeth Albert (read 7.20)
- Book That is Now A Movie: Matchmaker’s Playbook by Rachel Van Dyken (read 7.22)
- Heroine’s Eyes are Described Using the Ocean: The Princess Bride (the good parts version) (read 7.24)
- Fashionista: Born to Be Wilde by Eloisa James (read 7.24)
- Extreme Location: Duke By Default by Alyssa Cole (read 7.31)
- Firefighter: Under Control by Shannon Stacey (read/marked DNF 7.31)
Progress in July: 2
Total Progress: 16/21
hosted by Novel Knight
Progress in June: 0
- Technically I’ve read a lot of backlist books, just not books from my Book Mountain, which is the special rules I’d set myself. I can still get some of my books I own read… I just need to stop requesting ARCs, ahhhh!
Total Progress: 5/20
hosted by Ginger Mom & the Kindle Quest
Progress in July: 0
Total Progress: 21/26
Letters remaining: K, Q, V, X, Z
hosted by The Hufflepuff Basement group on Goodreads
Progress in July:
Water – Born to Be Wilde by Eloisa James
Stairs – I HAD ONE PLANNED FOR THIS AND EVERYTHING. Oh well.
Total Progress: 8/24
6 thoughts on “Monthly Wrap-Up: July 2018”
I don’t count picture books toward my goal. It feels like cheating. Great job with your challenges! I hope you’re having a good August.Aj @ Read All The Things!
I don't include picture books in my total for reading either but that's about it – I'll put anything else on there (graphic novels, novellas, etc.) Great job on all you've read so far this year though. That's still a lot!-Laurenwww.shootingstarsmag.net
The Ripped Bodice bingo is one of the best things I have ever seen. I love to do book bingo just for fun, and this one is all romance. SQUEE!
Novellas and graphic novels TOTALLY count, lol
I LOVE IT! Some of the categories are really hard, though, like \”Carriage Sex\” or \”Here Smells Like MAN\” where you don't know if a book will have it in there until you've actually read that bit.
It DOES feel like cheating!! Plus, I had to keep changing my goal of total books read higher and higher. I don't count them for any of my other challenges, so I decided not to count them as part of my total books read. (Which is a pity, or I'd be DONE with the dang alphabet challenge by now… LOL)